Made initially from a curry recipe to which I added too much liquid, and now purposely made as a soup.
Ingredients (3 servings)
- 1 large mango (or equivalent frozen amount which has been defrosted)
- half a tin of coconut milk (the rest can be frozen. It will look a bit curdles when defrosted but is still fine to use)
- Approx 200g Prawns
- 1 red pepper
- a handful of frozen peas
- 2 medium onions
- approx. 300ml vegetable stock (add more or less depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste (if you wan’t use the jar up soon, freeze in teaspoonsful on a baking tray)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger (I use a jar of minced ginger as it keeps well in the fridge)
- 1 tbs mixed ground coriander and cumin
- 1 tsp of sweetener or sugar
Boil together the garlic, curry paste, spices, stock and sweetener. Add the veg until cooked through. Add coconut milk and prawns to serve chunky. Alternatively, semi- liquidise the other ingredients with a hand-blender before adding the prawns (my preferred option). I like to eat it with a flatbread (but have also used a crusty roll).