A short snuck-in post on my (otherwise) weekend blog.
Today I’ve been working from home and having also been home based for four years in the past, I can confidently say that the following advice posted on Facebook by my daughter is spot on:
• Move around a lot. Adopt the Pomodoro Technique – 25 minutes working, 5 minutes break.
• Try not to sit too close to the fridge (seriously).
• If possible, try to set up an effective workspace, i.e. not the sofa in your PJs.
• Have virtual ‘coffees’ with colleagues. Talk to each other. Use Skype, Microsoft Teams etc.
• Background music helps me – if you’re used to a busy office, it might help you too.
• Take a proper lunch break, move away from your workspace.
• Don’t be hard on yourself – it takes a lot of getting used to, so if you aren’t as productive as you’d like to be, then that’s ok.
And most importantly …… don’t sit near the fridge!