Surprised and flattered – that’s how I felt when I received a nomination for a Sunshine Blogger award which is about peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy! Thanks to June at https://fancyingfrance.com/
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other blogs for the award and ask them some questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your blog.
June’s questions for me (and my answers in blue):
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? In short, it relates to a friend asking me what it was like being sixty. I pointed to myself and said, “Like this.” A longer explanation appeared in my very first blog post: https://thisissixty.blog/2017/04/22/whats-in-a-name/
- Why did you start blogging? I’d started reading a few blogs that interested me and thought I’d like to give it a go myself
- What do you like most about blogging? I love writing and it’s an outlet for that. I could write in a book (and often do) but I enjoy sharing it and reading the responses.
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers? Read and comment on other blogs. I’ve built up my followers and respondents from people who have blogs that I read, so much so that I have made ‘blog friends’ and have even met up with one fellow blogger when I was in her neck of the woods. It was great and we have an on-going friendship.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? That is a really hard question to answer because it depends on my mood and there are so many places I already like, and others that I’d like to see. I love Dun Laoghaire in Ireland, and never tire of being there. For somewhere I’ve never been I’d have to say Japan but I hate even short flights and couldn’t bring myself to fly long-haul. Best place in the world – home!
- Dogs or cats? Both, so long as they are gentle.
- Tea or Coffee? Coffee every time; I can’t stand even the smell of tea.
- What does your family think about your blogging habit? Bemused would be the best description, I think.
My nominees are:
- Margaret at http://margaretpowling.com
- Jules at http://jemsdays.blogspot.co.uk
- Joy at http://my30-30challenge.blogspot.com
- Sheila at http://lifestooshorttoironteatowels.blogspot.com/
My questions for the nominees are:
- Why do you blog?
- Do you read many other blogs and what do you enjoy about this as an activity?
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
- If time-travel was a possibility, what period in history would you like to visit?
- What is you favourite meal?
- How would you spend an unexpected windfall of £50,000 (you can’t save it)?
- Is there a hobby that you’d like to take up if time and cost were not relevant?