Since changing the appearance of my blog’s front page a couple of months ago, although the visitor numbers have stayed about the same, the number of posts that each one is viewing has soared! I think what’s happening is that where only the current post showed up on the old style blog, now that people get a glimpse of earlier ones they must be reading several at each visit. On the day after I changed the blog’s format there were almost 1,400 views. Since then it has been close to 1,000 most days…astonishing! It intrigues me no end as to how they come across my blog.
Over the sixteen months that I have been producing thisissixty.blog there have been a few posts which I’ve especially enjoyed writing. Many of my newer readers will never have seen these so, just for you, here goes! To those of you who have been around longer, (thank you for your continued interest), and are thinking ‘how lazy’, I promise to be back with something new in the next couple of days!
- Why my novel features the Korean War: The Korean War – a little bit of family history
- Afternoon tea in the Lake District: The icing on the cake
- The poacher and the rabbit – a memoir: Fruitcake for the rabbit
- Buying bras: It’s a girl thing
- Why I love the gym even though I’m not a fan of exercise!: The gym for women who don’t do gyms
And although it has nothing to do with the post, I thought you might like to see the photo that I took in Brixham recently. I call it ‘Pigeon-hole’!